Sunday, September 29, 2013

For Those Times When A Picture Frame Just Won't Work

When my mom redecorated her living room one of the items that I just fell in love with was a wrapped canvas of me and my cousins walking down the beach. Now the picture itself was a little cheesy but I loved the idea of a wrapped canvas to break up the picture frame monotony.

While I loved this idea I quickly realized $20 a piece was not gonna work for my post-grad slightly better than Ramen noodles budget. So crafting became my option! After a search on pinterest I found that it was full of ways that this can be accomplished. After combing through several posts I found one that was both simple and I thought would turn out great, not to mention looked simple!
http://www.literallyinspired.com/2012/02/picture-perfect.html

The necessary supplies are 8X10 canvases, 8X10 pictures, modge podge, xacto knife (or scissors although scissors are slightly harder to work with) and paint (if you want to paint the edges and not leave them a blank color).

I started by painting the edges black. Once those were dry I placed some modge podge on the back of the pictures and placed the pictures to the canvas. I then modge podged a layer over top. Once that first layer was dry I used the xacto knife to cut the edges so that they matched up with the canvas. You could also do this prior to modge podgeing however I choose after to make absolutely sure they matched up.

The last step is to apply several more layers of modge podge until they pictures are secure and you are done! Now you have some great pictures to hang up!



No comments:

Post a Comment