Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dollar Tree Wine Glasses





A few girlfriends of mine are obsessed with the St. Louis Blues, so I decided to mix one of our favorite girls night activities (drinking wine) with something both they and their significant others love. Thus the Blues Wine Glass was born!


I started by going to dollar tree for glasses because well it's cheap and the glasses are actually very nice. At first I was going to get the ones that look normal until you realize that they can fit half a bottle of wine (trust me I own several of those) but while perusing I came across these that were already tinted a very pretty blue. Since the Blues colors are blue and gold I figured it was a sign and bought four.


Next was applying the note. There are several ways you can do this:
1. Glass paint.
       You can get some cheap at Wal-Mart or Martha Stewart has a great line at craft shops. Follow the instructions on the bottle and paint away.
2. Modge Podge and paper.
        I did this once with a beer stein. It works great, as long as you remember to hand wash and don't try to heat it up in the microwave.
        Print the note out on paper, cut and Modge Podge it to your glass.
3. Vinyl
     This is the route I went since I recently invested in a vinyl cutter. For this you simply download the image from the internet and cut and place. Easy peasy.


I am probably going to spice them up a little by adding chevron or some other pattern to the bottom but for a quick and cheap gift I think these are perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment