Monday, December 30, 2013

Just a hint of sparkle

Part of being a girl and applying makeup is having all kinds of brushes. Whether they be for powder, bronzer blush or whatever for some unknown reason I find that storing these in a drawer to be gross. This is probably in part to them being dirty with makeup and I hate the idea of the drawer getting dirty and the brush just sitting in the filth, but I'm a weirdo.
So I decorated a small glass to hold all of brushes. It was super easy. I painted the outside a coral color. The best tip I could give is to allow time for each layer to dry before applying another because if you start painting while its still wet it will clump and look bad. After you get the look you like, I wanted a solid color so it took quite a bit of paint and time, I put it into a cold oven and set temp to 350 and started it with the glass inside. I let it bake for 30 min and then turned the oven off and waited several hours for everything to cool. Just to be extra save I applied two very light layers of modge podge as once everything was cool
My last step was to spray some aerosol glitter and let it dry. Than I filled it and it now looks gorgeous in my bathroom.
Finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment