Monday, July 14, 2014

#FoodTruckFriday Part 2

So I must say that my first #FoodTruckFriday experience was a huge success. It was such a cool experience and very different from a normal night out. I can't wait for the next one to go again!

Here are some things that I realized need to happen to make the visit a huge success.

1. Get there early. For the one held at Tower Grove Park in St. Louis, MO it was almost treated like a festival. Everywhere you looked people had coolers and Frisbees and other outdoor travel games. Coolers were packed with yummy drinks and it was just a relaxing day in the park. It almost had a festival feel to it. So although you could just eat and run (which is what I ended up doing since we get there with only 10 Minutes left of serving time) in the future I will make sure to get there plenty early and make an evening out of it. With the right group of people I would find no problem sitting there for hours tasting everything.

2. Try something new. I couldn't believe the number of trucks that were present at this thing and most of them are very unique and put their own spin on whatever theme their truck serves. Although I saw a lot that featured tacos or more Mexican type food none of them offered the same spin on it. This is a great chance to eat a little of everything and maybe try something you have never had before!

3. Bring something to sit on or put your food on. One flaw in our plan was that we just walked up and ordered food. This is fine and we made it work however if you want to set your food down or eat multiple items it creates a problem. This could be solved by coming early and bringing some chairs or a folding table or cooler that you can use.

4. Have fun! Everyone I saw seemed to be having a great time so go out and enjoy the beautiful summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment