Friday, August 29, 2014

But why is it over?

Ok before you read any further let me say this will contain spoilers so if you have not seen the last episode and/or the last season of Trueblood STOP READING NOW! Unless you want the whole plot and moments ruined which in that case keep reading.


So with that in mind I just have a serious WTF! I'm not sure how I feel or how I am supposed to feel about the ending. Happy? Sad? Angry? Hopeful? Really all I feel is that Bill is a piece of not nice substance and his death should have been quick not the stupid drawn out rack of bull that it was. I get it he was supposed to be her one true love, and she always went back to him and people supposedly wanted them to have a happy ending. But to all those people who loved Bill, first off read the books because if that doesn't put instant hatred in your heart for him than you are delusional and second he is an awful person. All he does the entire series is lie and trick her. Not to mention that whole god thing where he basically acted like a complete douche to everyone (well maybe not Jessica) and then he just starts the next season like everything is fine and dandy and everyone should just forgive him for all the evil and cruel things he did. Sorry buster but no.


And I know maybe I am a little to invested in this show but seriously why couldn't she have ended up with Eric? He was a great guy/vampire! Sure he could be manipulative and all that but he honestly cared about Sookie in a way that Bill never did. He cared enough to be honest with her. He didn't hide that he was sometimes a manipulative asshole, he made sure she knew and told her to take it or leave it. Plus those final episodes where he is sweet enough to talk to Bill and try to change his mind so that Sookie would be happy. I mean who doesn't want a guy willing to put aside his pride and do the right thing for someone he loves and cares about?


Also, why did Alcide have to die? Why did we only get a brief glimpse into the amazingness that is Sookie and Alcide? He loved her so much and could have given her babies and future so why couldn't he survive? And on that note why did Alcide get a quick shot in the head and a brief cry and he was out of the picture while Bill got a 20 minute pout session and the most drawn out and pointless death I have ever seen?


Despite all that I still feel like most of the season was pretty pointless. I get that they wanted to wrap everything up and they didn't want to leave too many open story lines but they still could have put some excitement into the season. I will say I am glad that Jessice and Hoyt got married and realized their love and that in the end everyone was happy and married and making little babies while Eric was making lots of money but I could have done with less deaths and just more of everything else. More emotion (that didn't involved more Sookie and Bill crap, or anyone dying), more danger, more thoughts that life goes on. Although having Sarah Newlin end up as a blood whore for Pam and Eric was a stroke of genius and to that I give the writers a huge thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment