Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 4: Cauliflower Pizza Crust is a lie!

So while perusing Pinterest I came across some recipes that were 21 Day Fix approved. I figured I would give most of them a shot. I will post some of the awesome ones later but one I need to warn everyone about is the Cauliflower Pizza Crust. This is not a replacement for pizza. Although the review looks awesome and the picture the girl posted looked amazing I have to say it was not appetizing at all!

First off there is a huge cauliflower flavor no matter what you do to the mixture. Also straining the water is a lot easier said than done. I spent at least 20 minutes pushing water from this grated and chopped cauliflower and my crust was still mushy.

Also cooking spray is a must otherwise you will never flip or get your crust off whatever surface you baked it on. I used a light spray of cooking spray on one side and some aluminum foil on the other and made two crusts thinking I would reheat one and eat it for lunch the next day. Both epically failed! I was not able to get anything resembling a pizza to unstick from the cookie sheet or foil. So I more ended up with bites that were held together by cheese and toppings with a mushy "crust" all around it.

Some people may have luck with this but I can honestly say that this is one recipe I will not be recreating. I will stick to actual pizza with real carbs and enjoy every bite of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment