Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sometimes I Just Miss the Fun

Like everyone says College are some of the best (if not the best) years of your life. However most of the time I am glad to be done with them. I do not miss the tests and classes and drama that sometimes follows the fun. Plus after being out in the real world I realize that I actually end up having more free time since I don't have to worry about studying or extra curricular activities. I just get to work my 8-5, have an hour lunch and go home to enjoy whatever else I feel like doing (which is honestly usually crafting, reading and/or watching tv).

One thing I do miss, and am feeling especially jealous about, is Bid Day. That glorious day when all of the hard work and frustration that you put up with for 2 weeks is finally over. This is a day of celebration! You take lots of pictures, meet all the new members and just have a blast. Plus it also means you are finally free to go out in letters and meet up with boys and do all those things that you were either too tired or too afraid of doing for fear of breaking the rules and getting your chapter in trouble. My chapter just had their bid day last weekend and normally I spend some part of my day happily stalking recruitment pictures. Checking out the new babies and being extremely jealous over the adorable outfits the recruitment chairs choose for that week (we were forced to wear Bermuda shorts one year, lets just say that was not a good look on anyone).

Sadly I quickly discovered that I have reached the age where I am no longer friends with anyone who was an active member when I was. The last freshman class that I recruited graduated last fall. I can't even find one lonely super senior that would be able to enlighten me on how amazing my sisters did this year! Nothing has ever made me feel older than this.

But we live and we move on and although I am now demoted to hearing about how great my chapter did in recruitment from normal alumni ways (which I am quickly discovering is more about numbers and less about outfits) I can at least take solace in the fact that I am not the only person going through this and hopefully plan a visit to my Alma mater very soon! Or if all else fails trick some innocent freshman into accepting my friend request.

No comments:

Post a Comment