Friday, August 15, 2014

Just Discovered Melissa De La Cruz and Now I Am Hooked!

One of my favorite pastimes is curling up in bed with a good book and just escaping into another world. Especially if that world involves the supernatural and/or historical figures. I also really enjoy the show Witches of East End that is on Lifetime. So I was very excited to learn the Witches of East End is based on a series of books and the author is actually really amazing.

I have only read the first two books of the Witches series by Melissa De La Cruz, but I am just as hooked on them as I am on the TV show. Wanting to expand my reading scope I just finished the first book in her Blue Bloods series, and although those are more focused on a young adult audience, I still find that they are entertaining and fun to read. She has an interesting way of turning classic myths, like witches and vampires, into a whole new bread. Gone are the days when vampires are allergic to the sun and live forever in one body. Witches are no longer simply humans with a little oomph. Her mind definitely came up with and interesting twist on things and I can not wait to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment